Yelp is a fun and easy way to find restaurants in New York City. It’s also an excellent resource for those who want to explore the city by eating their way through it. Yelp offers reviews from both locals and tourists, so you can be sure that no matter what cuisine you’re looking for, there will be at least one place on the site to recommend! Whether you’ve been wanting to try something new or revisit your favorite haunts, this article has some tips and tricks that will help make your food tour more enjoyable than ever before!
1) Look For The Best Reviews !
A great strategy when using Yelp is to look primarily at user reviews. These are written by people who have actually gone to the restaurant and tried the food firsthand. This is much more helpful than simply looking at the star rating or skimming through photos, since it provides an authentic description of what you can expect from a place!
- If possible, try going directly to page one of Yelp’s search results for your desired cuisine category. This is where you’ll find the most reviewed restaurants near you, which means it will be easier to choose between several different options!
- If there are many reviews for one place in particular that piques your interest, look at what others had to say about their experience. You can also try searching some of these places on Google to see if any professional reviewers have weighed in.
2) Explore Neighborhoods!
One of the best things about Yelp is that it can help you explore different neighborhoods in New York City. Each area has its own unique culinary offerings, so it’s a great way to get a taste for all that the city has to offer!
- To begin, search for your favorite cuisine in the app.
- Once you’re on that page’s review section, look at where each restaurant is located in relation to one another. You may notice that there are also pins on this map showing which spots were reviewed by people nearby! This means it will be easier than ever before to find and try great new food.
3) Try New Cuisines!
New Yorkers are spoiled for choice when it comes to food, and Yelp is a great way to get a taste of all that the city has to offer!
- One easy way to explore new cuisines is by using the “Near Me” function on Yelp. This will show you all of the restaurants in your area that serve the type of food you’re interested in.
- If there’s a cuisine that you’ve always wanted to try, search for it on Yelp and see what comes up! You may be surprised by how many different places offer it.
- Another great way to explore new cuisines is by checking out the top rated restaurants in a particular category. This can be done by visiting Yelp’s “All Cuisines” page and scrolling down to the section for your desired cuisine. From there, you can explore different neighborhoods and see which spots have been most highly recommended!
4) Bring Your Friends!
One of the best things about Yelp is that it’s a great way to explore New York City with friends.
One easy strategy is to plan an entire day around food, starting at the most highly reviewed restaurant in your desired cuisine category and then moving on from there! You can even have a hearty brunch before venturing out for the day if you’re feeling ambitious.
5) Use It As A Guidebook!
Yelp can also be used as a guidebook for your food trip in New York City.
This is especially helpful if you’re not familiar with the city or if you’re looking to try something new!
- To get started, search for “restaurants near me” on Yelp and take a look at the results. You’ll be able to see which spots are closest to you, as well as their star ratings and reviews!
- If there’s a restaurant that piques your interest, write down its name so you can remember it later. Then, navigate through Yelp until you find out more information about it – things like address, phone number, hours of operation and menu prices.
- If you don’t feel like leaving the house to try a restaurant out but still want more information about it, take a look at what others have said! You can also Google some of these places if they sound interesting.